What is Valentine’s Day without chocolate?
We have absolutely no idea, and we don’t want to find out! So, we’re keeping you topped up with chocolatey goodness, with our recipe for an indulgent soufflé. This recipe makes six and is a great recipe to keep in mind for small dinners for family and friends, but can be scaled down for a romantic night in for two.
For the Chocolate Mix
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 50ml Double Cream
- 5 Egg Yolks
For the Soufflé Mix
- 5 Egg Whites
- 40g Caster Sugar
- Butter for greasing
- 100g Crushed Pistachios
- Grease your ramekins with butter and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Fill the ramekins with crushed pistachios and tip the loose pistachios out, to make a layer of nuts on the inside.
- Mix the dark chocolate and cream over a low heat in a saucepan.
- Once the chocolate has melted, allow to cool, before adding the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff and add in the caster sugar. Keep whisking until glossy stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the chocolate mixture very gently into the soufflé mixture.
- Working quickly, fill the ramekins with the combined mixture. Wipe the rims and run your thumb around the edge.
- Put into the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until well risen with a slight wobble.
- Transfer onto a wooden serving board and decorate with the remaining crushed pistachios.