The countryside offers us an array of mouthwatering, sustainable and ethical wild food that, in our opinion, should be enjoyed by all!
Your fast food favourite can be so much more delicious when cooking at home with fresh and locally sourced pheasant. The thought of cooking with game birds can be a little daunting, but this punchy dish is so easy you’ll be wondering why pheasant isn’t a supermarket staple.
- 4 skinless pheasant breasts
- 240ml of buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 120g of plain flour
- Your 11 herbs & spices blend!
- Oil for frying
- 4 brioche buns
- 1 beef tomato
- Beat the egg into the buttermilk and soak the pheasant breasts in the mixture
- In a separate bowl mix the flour with your secret blend of 11 herbs and spices. Be adventurous and creative, the only essentials are salt and pepper!
- Roll the pheasant breasts in the seasoned flour until completely covered
- In a deep frying pan, heat up enough oil so that your pheasant breasts will be submerged (160 degrees celsius)
- Using tongs, lower each breast into the hot oil and fry one at a time until golden and cooked through (around 5 minutes)
- Toast the buns and assemble your burger – our garnishes are simply a recommendation, be original and spice things up with your favourite chilli sauce!
Looking for some inspiration for your 11 herbs and spices, here’s some ideas: chilli powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chilli flakes, dried thyme, dried marjoram, dried sage, dried basil, smoked paprika, celery salt, onion salt, all spice, mustard powder, ground ginger.